Williamsport – Developing Working Groups & Intro to Storytelling
- Explore “storytelling” in terms of Heart and Soul
- Sharing what was learned at the PHC workshop
- Next Steps – preparing for events and interviews
Follow up from 3/21/16 Meeting
- Review of Communications/Outreach group ‘Elevator/Grocery Line Speech’.
“Promoting community unity by sharing common beliefs and values while honoring unique stories of individuals.”
“Developing an identity and cultural renaissance, while connecting neighborhoods with the downtown area, and blending hearts and souls of Williamsport into one cohesive community.”
- Share draft events list – so we can infill after our Storytelling Group Activity (which method, etc.)
PHC Workshop Information
- What did we learn, and how will this help us moving forward?
Storytelling Group Activity (45 min)
- What is a ‘story’ in terms of H&S, and why is it important?
- Review of engagement methods
- Typical questions and how to ‘dig deeper’ for meaning
- Developing a storyteller list
Identifying Next Steps
What will be our first event?
- How many people are needed?
- who is willing to take the lead role?…assist?
- What needs to be done in the next two weeks?
- What materials will be needed?
Team / Group meeting – Wednesday, April 13, 11am to 1:00pm
Unless otherwise noted, we will continue to meet in the Student Board Room on the 3rd floor of the Lycoming College Wertz Student Center at this time each 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month. We can begin with working groups giving updates and then break out into groups to work on next tasks.